Python Developer Survey: Python 3 usage overtakes Python 2 usage

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 10:16:13 EDT 2018

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 6:29 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 8:59:16 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> Wanna provide some competing information showing that other
>> languages are more used?
>
> Chris, here is how debate works:
>
>     PersonA asserts X.
>
>     PersonB demands evidence for X.
>
>     PersonA either provides evidence for X, or X is rejected as
>     hooey.

    PersonB provides evidence fox X.

    PersonA asserts that that evidence doesn't count because "it's
nothin' but hype".

    PersonC provides a different source of numbers supporting X.

    PersonA asserts that those numbers don't count either because most
of them are trolls or sock puppets.

    PersonD asks if PersonA has any of their own evidence to provide.

    PersonA snarkily responds that they don't need to provide evidence
because they didn't make the assertion, apparently oblivious to the
fact that they've actually made several assertions of their own over
the course of this.

Do I have this right? This is how I understand debate works from
following this thread. I see the same pattern on the Flat-Earth
threads, so I think I have it right.