please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Mar 27 06:19:04 EDT 2018

On 27/03/2018 11:06, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:48:15 +0100, Paul Moore wrote:
>
>>> By the way, on the search page:
>>>
>>> https://pypi.org/search/
>>>

>>> it says "Enter a search query above, or select a filter from the list
>>> of classifiers on the left" but there is no such filter or list of
>>> classifiers.
>>
>> Do you not get the section
>>
>> """
>>
>> Filter Projects
>>
>> By Programming Language
>> By License
>> By Framework
>> """
>>
>> on the left of the page?
>
> There's nothing on the left of the page. It has:
>
> (pypi logo) (search projects text box)
>
> ("Enter a search query..." with examples)
>
> (Add filter button)
>

> then the blue footer with "Get Help", "About PyPI", etc.

I imagine the Classifiers are being injected by JS. I know from previous
comments of Steven's that he's not a fan of this particular approach to
web page construction.

But whether I'm right or not, commenting snarkily about the design of
pypi.org on *this* list doesn't seem particularly useful. Feel free to
take it up on any of the forums where the work is actually being done by
the people who are actually doing it, and who have been doing so for
quite a while now.

Either they'll take note of your concerns and act, or they'll decline to
agree with your point of view. In either case, talking about it here
seems fruitless.

TJG