Entering a very large number

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Mar 25 10:01:28 EDT 2018

Am 25.03.18 um 14:32 schrieb bartc:
> Using CPython on my machine, doing a string to int conversion that
> specific number took 200 times as long as doing a normal assignment.
>
> That conversion took 4 microseconds.
>
> Not significant if it's only done once. But it might be executed a
> million times.

Honestly, why should it be executed a million times? Do you have a
million different 400 digit numbers as constants in your code? If so, I
suggest to store them in a database file accompanied with the code.

If there are few different only, then don't do the conversion a million
times. Convert them at module initialization and assign them to a global
variable.

	Christian