Putting Unicode characters in JSON

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:04:43 EDT 2018

On 2018-03-23, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Steven D'Aprano
><steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

>>> Reconfigure your MySQL database to use UTF-8. There is no reason to use
>>> Latin-1 in the database.
>>
>> You don't know that. You don't know what technical, compatibility, policy
>> or historical constraints are on the database.
>
> Okay. Give me a good reason for the database itself to be locked to
> Latin-1.

Because the DB administrator wont change things without orders from
his boss, who won't order changes without because there's no budget
for that.

OK, perhaps it's not a _good_ reason by your metrics, but reasons like
that are what you find in the real world.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... My pants just went
                                  at               on a wild rampage through a