TLSServer: certificate one request behind...

Fabiano Sidler fabianosidler at swissonline.ch
Tue Mar 13 17:37:16 EDT 2018

Hi folks!

I have written a TLSServer for testing purposes that generates
self-signed certificates upon request. This works pretty well
except that the certificates are always supplied one request too
late:

# gets no cert, but a handshake failure instead
$ openssl s_client -connect localhost:1234 -servername server1

# gets the cert for server1
$ openssl s_client -connect localhost:1234 -servername server2

# gets the cert for server2
$ openssl s_client -connect localhost:1234 -servername server3

What's the reason for this? Please find attached my TLSServer.

Best wishes,
Fabiano