test

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Mar 12 17:36:42 EDT 2018

On 17Mar2014 11:42, Mark H Harris <harrismh777 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 3/16/14 5:07 AM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick wrote:
>>Why not use the mailing list instead?  It’s a much easier way to
>>access this place.
>
>I prefer to 'pull' rather than receive the 'push'.
>
>The newsreader idea is better because threading works better, and
>because the interface is simpler. I don't know, just preference
>I guess.

I use mutt for email. Great threading support. My usenetness has mostly lapsed,
but I used to funnel groups into my mail filer, read with mutt (same tool for
news and mail!), and have a script for sendmail which intercepted
group.name at usenet and send that via NNTP (obviously my puller inserted those
addresses in the pull).

>What are most active pythoniacs doing with this these days?

I use the mailing lists and mutt for reading.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> (formerly cs at zip.com.au)