Spot the invalid syntax

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:02:39 EST 2018

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 10:57 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> > In many cases, those eyes can be virtual and non-human.
>> >
>> > That's what syntax highlighting, and tools even more impressive
>> > (e.g. linting tools that run continually), offer in a programmer's
>> > text editor: a pair of eyes looking for mistakes while you type.
>>
>> Often true, but not always.
>
> You mean the tool is not always looking for mistakes while you type?
>
> If you mean that the tool doesn't catch all mistakes: of course not, and
> I didn't imply it would. Are you saying that's a reason against using
> such automated tools? (If not, I don't really understand what objection
> you're making.)

LOL! Sorry, I derped a bit on the grammar there. Yes, I meant that you
can often catch those mistakes with your editor, but not always. There
are some errors that cannot possibly be caught by an editor, of
course; but there are others that theoretically could be, but I almost
never see them. That's the point I was raising - not really an
objection, but a segue into my next comment.

ChrisA