How to make Python run as fast (or faster) than Julia

Python python at bladeshadow.org
Wed Mar 7 17:39:10 EST 2018

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 08:44:16AM +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Python <python at bladeshadow.org> wrote:

> >> So how about a little Cython?
> >
> > Nope.  As a practical matter, the only Python option I have is
> > Python proper (i.e. CPython).
>
> So you can use C++, but only if you write the entire program in it,
> instead of using Cython and only transforming the part that's actually
> slow?

That describes the situation closely enough to correctly that I don't
feel the need to elaborate, yes.

I will say that /in theory/ I can do whatever I want; in practice
there are significant barriers to integrate new tools into the build
system I'm required to use that make it prohibitive to do so.  There
are complexities there which I don't care to describe, but the point
remains, effectively, the only Python option I have available is
CPython.