Layers of abstraction, was Re: RFC: Proposal: Deterministic Object Destruction

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Tue Mar 6 08:39:50 EST 2018

Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>> # Later.
>> if __name__ = '__main__':
>>     # Enter the Kingdom of Nouns.
>
> Don't you need a NounKingdomEnterer to do that for you?

No, for some extra flexibility there should be a NounKingdomEntererFactory
-- which of course has to implement the AbstractNounKingdomEntererFactory
interface. Instantiating the right NounKingdomEntererFactory can easily be
delegated to a NounKingdomEntererFactoryProducer. It's turtles^Wfactories
all the way down...

I don't know how this will ever do anything -- my theory is that some good
soul managed to sneak a few lines of javascript into the giant xml
configuration file ;)