Bitstream -- Binary Data for Humans

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Mon Mar 5 18:28:45 EST 2018

Sébastien Boisgérault schreef op 5/03/2018 20:05:
> I have released bitstream, a Python library to manage binary data (at the byte or bit level),
 > hopefully without the pain that this kind of thing usually entails :)
>
> If you have struggled with this topic in the past, please take a look at the documentation
 > (http://boisgera.github.io/bitstream/) and tell me what you think.

Hi Sébastien,

At work I have some Python code to decode AIS[1] messages, for which I
created my own code for handling binary data. It works, but is pretty
slow. Not surprising, since handling data at the bit level is not
exactly Python's strength. If I find the time, I'll try to replace my
code with your bitstream and see if it does what I need it to do, and if
it's any faster.

If/when I actually get around to it, I'll keep you informed.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_identification_system

Best regards,
Roel

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven