Problem: Need galileo running on debian wheezy

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Mar 2 11:14:57 EST 2018

On Friday 02 March 2018 10:27:57 Cousin Stanley wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > And the rock64 doesn't have wifi hardware
> > that I know of.
>
>   I did manage to get wifi working on my rock64
>   using a usb wifi dongle ordered from their store ....

fitbit says its BTLE, claims a 20 foot range.

>   It was a bit fiddly to set up, somewhat shaky
>   connection-wise, and slower than I was comfortable with
>   so I went with an ethernet connection which is quick
>   and stable ....
>
> > So, is galileo shown for armhf's ?
>
>   The galileo package information
>   doesn't explicitly mention arm ....
>
>   However, I've had no problem
>   with any other python package
>   on the rock64 here ....
>
>   dpkg-print-architecture indicates that it is arm64
>   and I pull the debian stretch packages and updates from ....
>
>     o http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib
>
>     o http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib
> non-free
>
>     o http://ppa.launchpad.net/ayufan/rock64-ppa/ubuntu xenial main

So I have several choices, not all of which are arm64 based. I also have
an old hp lappy I could put stretch on. And I found a BT dongle but no
clue yet if compatible with the BTLE of the fitbit. More checking to see
if it can pair. But I just now installed the rest of the BT toy's, but
not checked for function yet. Might have to buy another dongle.  And/or
find a place to put things in this midden heap. Too many years in the
same house, but its paid off too.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett