RFC: Proposal: Deterministic Object Destruction

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:57:27 EST 2018

> Remember, the challenge is _not_ simply a matter of circular
> references (there is literally tons of Python code out there
> which creates CRs for various reasons), no, the challenge is
> to create a custom class which references _itself_, and then
> explain (or demonstrate) how such a thing serves a practical
> purpose.

I can't agree with it.

Since this thread is about robust RAII implementation, the main
challenge is "Is it possible to make **all** Python interpreter
implement it without significant overhead?"

In CPython case, the challenge is "Can we removing all possible reference
cycles?".

Even if you can't agree some examples explained is "practical",
it can be enough reason for we don't go to proposed RAII way.

Regards,

--
INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>