I lost nearly all my modules installing 3.7

Elliott Roper nospam at yrl.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 13:08:46 EDT 2018

I have done something stupid. Don't know what.

My $PATH looks like this
XXXMac:~ elliott$ echo $PATH
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Pyth
on.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.
5/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin:/Users/elliott/bin
:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin:/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS:/usr/local/git/bin

pip3 list or pip3.7 list gives me
Package Version
---------- -------
pip 10.0.1
setuptools 39.0.1
> > > import numpy as np
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'
So it is not lying to me!!!

pip list or pip3.6 list
gives the whole caboodle I was expecting with a far smaller version number
for setuptools.

My understanding is that the whole $PATH is searched in order to resolve an
import, but it isn't.

It might be relevant that I have had a bit of hassle installing module
updates in the past. I would get an error saying the module version being
replaced could not be deleted with permissions errors which I resolved with a
bit of sudo -H.

Python 3.6 is still working properly when invoked explicitly

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$ PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7
637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248