[OT] Why are BBSes? [was Where's the junk coming from?]

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:34:36 EDT 2018

On 2018-06-28, Kerr Avon <avon at bbs.nz.invalid> wrote:

> Yep confirming I found the issue lay with the sysop of a BBS that connects
> to the gateway linked to news.bbs.nz

OK, I've got to ask...

Why are there still BBSes?

Who even has a modem these days?  [OK, I'll admit my 11 year old
Thinkpad T500 has a built-in POTS modem, but it's never been used.]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Vote for ME -- I'm
                                  at               well-tapered, half-cocked,