I'm getting a spamassassin party here

Vincent Vande Vyvre vincent.vande.vyvre at telenet.be
Tue Jun 26 13:55:45 EDT 2018

Le 26/06/18 à 15:50, Gene Heskett a écrit :
> On Tuesday 26 June 2018 02:50:01 Cameron Simpson wrote:
>
>> On 24Jun2018 17:03, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>>> Greetings list;
>>>
>>> Generally spamassassin only gets picky about this occasionally, but
>>> for the past several hours its working overtime on python list
>>> messages, with the major problem being the servers time stamp, a day
>>> or more in the past. Anyboy ever hear of ntpd?
>>> -- Cheers, Gene Heskett
>> Could you eyeball some of these problematic messages please?
>>
>> I've been noticing a swathe of messages in the past few days with
>> From: headers like this:
>>
>>    From: "Steven D'Aprano" <steven.d'aprano at 1:261/38.remove-ij1-this>
>>
>> where the From: has been badly mangled, I think by a usenet->list
>> gateway. The Path: on these messages looks like this (give or take):

>> t-for-mail
>>
>> I'd be interested to know if there is significant overlap between my
>> problematic messages and yours.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>
> Stevens messages are among the most frequent spamassassin triggers. The
> scoring diff that tips the scales is the time error:
>   1.0 DATE_IN_PAST_12_24     Date: is 12 to 24 hours before Received: date
>
> There is also this:
> 0.5 APOSTROPHE_FROM        From address contains an apostrophe
>
> This list commits a whole menu of errors that spamassassin doesn't like.
>
> The whole list from a different message:
>
> Content analysis details:   (5.6 points, 5.1 required)
>
>   pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
>   3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%
>                              [score: 1.0000]
>   0.0 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level mail
>                              domains are different
>   1.0 DATE_IN_PAST_12_24     Date: is 12 to 24 hours before Received: date
>   0.2 BAYES_999              BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99.9 to 100%
>                              [score: 1.0000]
>   0.8 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to internal network by a host with
> no rDNS
>   0.0 T_DKIM_INVALID         DKIM-Signature header exists but is not valid
>
> Some of these should be fixable by proper configuration of the
> listserver, but don't confuse me with an expert. I am subscribed to the
> list.

Same for me since yesterday.

Two examples:

The 2018-05-18 17:20
-------------------------------
From: "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-python at hjp.at>

--prnws536gtytpj5v
[ following the message ]
--------------------------------
Same day, same hour but arrived today
--------------------------------
From: "Peter J. Holzer" <peter.j..holzer at 1:261/38.remove-r7u-this>

From: "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-python at hjp.at>

--prnws536gtytpj5v
[ following the same message ]
--------------------------------

Or again:
The 2018-06-23 18:46
--------------------------------
From: Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 06:26:22 -0400, Richard Damon wrote:
[ following the message ]
From: "Steven D'Aprano" <steven.d'aprano at 1:261/38.remove-r7u-this>

From: Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 06:26:22 -0400, Richard Damon wrote:
[ following the same message ]

I've re-received 22 old duplicated messages like this today.

Vincent
Send Tue, 26 Jun 2018 19:53:46 +0200