syntax difference

Steven D'Aprano steven.d'aprano at 1
Sun Jun 24 16:02:40 EDT 2018

From: Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info>

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 00:46:00 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 8:40 PM, Steven D'Aprano
>> On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 11:18:37 +0100, Bart wrote:
>>
>>> I wonder why it is just me that constantly needs to justify his
>>> existence in this group?
>>
>> Because its just you who spends 90% of his time here complaining about
>> how Python does it wrong.
>
> ... and spends 95% of that time demonstrating his utter lack of
> understanding of how Python does it at all. It's wrong even though you
> don't understand how it actually works.

Be fair. It's more like 50% of the time.

Let's not dogpile onto Bart. He asked a question, I answered it, we don't all
need to sink the boot in as well.

Nobody expects Bart to love Python, but if he wants to fit in here, in a Python
 group, he ought to either at least make an effort to understand the reasons
Python is what it is (and not just idiocy and bloat) and appreciate it for what
 it is, not for what it isn't. Or at least avoid trying to lecture us on why
we're doing it wrong.

--
Steven D'Aprano
"Ever since I learned about confirmation bias, I've been seeing it everywhere."

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-3
 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)