ironpython not support py3.6

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Jun 22 05:04:38 EDT 2018

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 23:44:40 -0700, fantasywangxg wrote:

> We have a project implemented with c# and python, iron python is  a good
> choice for us to integrate these two tech together but iron python not
> support python 3.6 yet, any suggest for this?

How big is your budget? Could you pay the IronPython developers to build
support for 3.6? Probably not...

Do you need fully managed .Net code from Python? If not "Python for .Net"
may suit:

https://pythonnet.github.io/

Either stick to the latest version of IronPython (2.7), or the latest of
CPython (3.6).

Or maybe you can do both, use IronPython only for the parts that really
need C# integration, and use CPython for the rest:

C# <--> IronPython 2.7 <--> CPython 3.6

although I suspect that will be even more annoying, complicated  and
fragile.

Have you tried asking this question on an IronPython support forum?

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson