syntax difference

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 20 09:03:26 EDT 2018

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 16:25:50 -0700, bart4858 wrote:

> Some of that can be done. It may not need specific support.
>
> But my intention is to have an ordinary language for everyday coding not
> one that can only be understood by CS professors.
>
> Mine is unusual in that I can drop features I rarely use, which means
> that everything in it gets good use. Including multi-level breaks.

only because no one else is using your language & you do not have to
worry about breaking the code of your userbase.

I think you are suffering from NIH* syndrome & are reinventing the wheel
for no particular reason other than "Because you can"

> And the core language can stay small (or smallish - it's not Forth).
> Which I think is where we came in.

* Not Invented Here

--
To be a kind of moral Unix, he touched the hem of Nature's shift.
		-- Shelley