syntax difference

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:49:46 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 8:43 PM,  <bart4858 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, people keep bringing that up when they run out of arguments.
>
> So, every programmer must always use the most advanced, most esoteric features possible at every opportunity? Coding should only be for the elite?
>
> There is a place for various levels of programming language. I'm saying that Python which is always touted as a 'simple' language suitable for beginners, is missing a surprising number of basics.

The whole point of the Blub Paradox is that you, from your
perspective, perceive pointers and such as "basics", whereas someone
who is ACTUALLY new to programming does not want or need them. And I
can say this for certain because I frequently work with people who
have never written a line of code in their lives. Python has tools
that help them to solve real-world problems. It does not have toys
that let you write high-level C code. Since you apparently have never
used the bulk of Python's features, you don't value them. They are
above you on the Blub scale.

ChrisA