syntax difference

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jun 18 10:08:17 EDT 2018

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 15:11:05 +0300, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

[...]
> So the point *was* popularity!? I suspected as much.

Presumably you missed the invisible sarcasm tags.

As well as the point that despite all the "type annotation is killing
Python" FUD from certain corners of the Python community, Python is not
only alive and well, but actually growing in popularity according to (as
far as I can see) all the well-known measures of language popularity.

Personally I don't think that type annotations are specifically driving
that increase in popularity, but there is no evidence that they are
harming it.

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson