syntax difference

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 19:46:05 EDT 2018

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 3:58:26 PM UTC-5, Dan Stromberg wrote:
[...]
> I actually really like Python's type hinting, which I've recently started
> using.  I've now used it on 10 projects, and I imagine I'll be using it in
> many more.
>
> Don't like them?  I guess you don't have to use them.

Go ahead an be cocky if you want to.

But just remember this:

People like myself will outright refuse to maintain your
code. And do you know what that means Dan? It means your
code will _die_! And then we will get paid to rewrite your
code.

Code that will be far more maintainable than the syntactical
mess you wrote. And if we want static typing -- no problem!
-- we'll convince out clients to switch to a language that
has *REAL* static typing.

Okay?

Howdya like that?

(shills gonna do what shills gonna do, i guess @_@)