Python list vs google group

Jim Lee jlee54 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:00:29 EDT 2018

On 06/15/2018 05:00 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 4:52 AM, Rob Gaddi
> <rgaddi at highlandtechnology.invalid> wrote:
>> On 06/15/2018 11:44 AM, Larry Martell wrote:
>>> My favorite acronym of all time is TWAIN
>>>
>> Really?  I always thought it didn't scan.
>>
> Having spent way WAY too many hours trying to turn documents into
> images (and text), I very much appreciate that laugh.
>
> ChrisA
I once had a Mustek color scanner that came with a TWAIN driver.  If the
room temperature was above 80 degrees F, it would scan in color -
otherwise, only black & white.  I was *sure* it was a hardware problem,
but then someone released a native Linux driver for the scanner.  When I
moved the scanner to my Linux box, it worked fine regardless of temperature.

-Jim