What data types does matplotlib pyplot take?

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Fri Jun 15 15:09:18 EDT 2018

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:53:57 -0400, C W <tmrsg11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm curious what data types pyplot takes. It seems that it can take numpy
> series, pandas series, and possibly pandas dataframe? How many people data
> types are out there? Is that true for all functions in like hist(), bar(),
> line(), etc?

I regret that this might seem less than helpful, but someone
should point out that an enumeration beginning "This package
works with the following data types" would be antithetical to
Python's "duck-typing" philosophy.  The important thing is not
an object's type, but whether the object has the attributes and
methods required.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.