Python list vs google group

T Berger brgrt2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:39:07 EDT 2018

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 12:14:30 PM UTC-4, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> For the third and final time, just get a (semi-)decent email client/news
> reader/whatever it's called, point it at news.gmane.org and read this
> forum, hundreds of other python forums and thousands of other technical
> forums with no problems at all.  No cluttered inbox so no need to filter
> anything.  I happen to use thunderbird, there are umpteen other choices.

To do this, I will have to research what you mean by "a (semi-)decent email client/news reader," and "point it at news.gmane.org." I'm a little unused to web-related lingo. Then I'll have to root around in gmane.org to see how it works. This is not to say that I might not try this route, only that it will take a bit of time and effort. I just set some filters on the incoming python email, and will see how it works first. But thanks for your thrice-proffered suggestion.

Tamara