Posting warning message

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Jun 11 04:22:57 EDT 2018

On 10Jun2018 23:38, Tamara Berger <brgrt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I didn't respond to your posts earlier because I wasn't notified by email updates. I don't understand why they've stopped coming. I didn't change any settings.

Maybe we haven't been CCing you directly, just posting straight back to the
list. Did you tick "Automatically subscribe me to email updates when I post to
a topic" in the group settings?

This is one reason to prefer the mailing list. You can subscribe here:

Many of us prefer that to Google Groups. You have the advantage that email
messages arrive to your GMail directly, instead of to the group. You can easily
file messages from the list into its own folder (in GMail, this is called
"apply a label").

Wait for the first message or so and for that message choose GMail's "filter
messages like this" action. I like to choose "Apply the label Python" and "Skip
the inbox" for such things. Then you'll get a nice little "Python" mail folder
in your collection where the list will accumulate. And less spam than the
Group.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> (formerly cs at zip.com.au)