Why exception from os.path.exists()?

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jun 11 02:58:27 EDT 2018

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Besides, it is certainly not true that there are no OSes that can deal
> with NULs in file names. Classic Mac OS can, as filenames there are
> represented as Pascal strings (a length byte followed by an array of
> arbitrary bytes), not NUL-terminated C strings.

There's even a way you could potentially tell the classic
Mac file manager API to create a filename with a colon in
it, by using the (volume reference number, directory id,
filename) way of specifying a file.

I don't know whether it would have succeeded, though --
I suspect it would have rejected such a file name as
invalid.

--
Greg