Problem finding my folder via terminal

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sat Jun 9 23:24:11 EDT 2018

On 09Jun2018 22:57, Tamara Berger <brgrt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the help. I was just following the coding in the workbook
>when I inserted sudo.

Fair enough too.

But generally, in future, consider any command prefixed with sudo with some
suspicion. Sometimes it is the sensible thing to do, but many many people use
it as a reflex as soon as they get some kind of permission error instead of
thinking though why something may be forbidden (by default).

In this instance "pip" has support for "personal" python modules, and that is
usually the better way to go.

>What you said about it makes a lot of sense.
>
>Again, thanks for all your help.

No worries, that's what the list is for.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>