Stefan's headers [was:Names and identifiers]

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Jun 9 21:37:23 EDT 2018

On Saturday 09 June 2018 20:33:06 Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Jun 2018 13:48:17 +0300, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> > Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org>:
> >> Copyright law is not what makes something 'closed source' in the
> >> eyes of the Open Source community. For example, Microsoft doesn't
> >> use Copyright to keep the source code for Windows secret, they just
> >> don't provide it.
> >
> > It would leak out with developers who move to new jobs. And that
> > would be good.
>
> Are you proposing to abolish trade secrets and NDAs as well? Good luck
> with that.
>
> Do your customers and clients know your opinion on releasing code you
> write for them to the rest of the world?

If they did, I expect it would cut the length of his ladder to where he
eats off the hog by serious amounts.

While we may voice our opinions of the current copyright laws, they are
to the advantage of companies who would have little or no reticence
about silenceing dissenting opinions that might fall on the lawmakers
ears. Those of you working for the man ought not to forget that.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)