Why exception from os.path.exists()?

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at vub.be
Fri Jun 8 04:11:32 EDT 2018

On 08-06-18 09:45, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Whatever your philosophical tastes, this unexpected feature of
> os.path.exists() (& co) leads to unexpected application behavior IRL,
> and, in the GhostBusters sense, that is bad.

Sure, I agree that it is unexpected behaviour. But does that mean the
behaviour
should be fixed or that the behaviour should be better documented?

Either could be an answer and in trying to find the answer I don't think
the actual
FS is relevant because the doesn't access the FS directly but through
the OS api.

--
Antoon Pardon.