Why exception from os.path.exists()?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:11:19 EDT 2018

On 2018-06-03, Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> Do you really mean to say that a computer that won't boot is POSIX
>> compliant?
>
> No, I was pointing out the absurdity of saying that the Windows
> kernel layer is POSIX compliant, which is what the post I was
> replying to seemed to be saying.

The normal Win32 API that all Windows apps use is not Posix compliant.

However, there is an API layer Microsoft provides (or provided) that
is/was Posix compliant.  At one point, I think it was an add-on that
had to be purchased seperately.  I've never heard of anybody actually
_using_ it, but it allowed some US government purchasing droid to
check the "Posix Compliant" box on an acquisition checklist back in
the 90's.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! But they went to MARS
                                  at               around 1953!!