Indented multi-line strings

Dan Strohl D.Strohl at F5.com
Mon Jun 4 09:54:27 EDT 2018

> No-one is saying a method is *worse* than a standalone function - they are
> just saying it's *not sufficiently better* to justify creating a string method that
> replicates an existing stdlib function.

What about performance?  I would expect a string method to perform better than a stdlib function.  (no?)  Especially if it's something that could be used commonly it seems like having that function be of higher performance would be a benefit?

At least for me, when I do use this, it's often in places like logging where it could well be called a lot.

Dan