How to start gnuradio

bengt.tornq at gmail.com bengt.tornq at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:38:53 EDT 2018

My gnuradio program does not start in my Mint 17.3 installation.

When I invoke the command "gnuradio-companion" I get the following message:

-----------------------------
Cannot import gnuradio.

Is the python path environment variable set correctly?

All OS: PYTHONPATH
Is the library path environment variable set correctly?

Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Windows: PATH
MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

My exported paths, in the .bashrc file, are:

export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/bin

Grateful for hints on how to find out the reason and to solve the problem.