Anyone using cloud based monitoring/logging services with Python logging module?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 26 21:10:59 EDT 2018

Malcolm Greene <python at bdurham.com> writes:

> Looking for feedback on anyone who's using a cloud based
> monitoring/logging service with Python's standard lib logging module,

The free-software Sentry <URL:https://sentry.io/> is full-featured,
implemented in PYthon, and available to set up on your own hosting or
pay someone else to host it.

This means you can choose Sentry as your logging service, and that
leaves you free to choose (and change your mind later) how Sentry itself
gets hosted. You're not tied to some vendor's hosted instance.

It integrates very well with logging frameworks of many languages,
including Python's ‘logging’ module.

--
 \     “When I turned two I was really anxious, because I'd doubled my |
  `\   age in a year. I thought, if this keeps up, by the time I'm six |