ongoing browser projects

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Jul 23 18:41:22 EDT 2018

Thomas Jollans writes:
> > This gi-based example looks like Gtk3, right?
>
> https://gist.github.com/kklimonda/890640#file-pybrowser-py-L14

Sure enough, that works, at least with the webkit in Debian's
gir1.2-webkit-3.0 package. It didn't work with gir1.2-webkit2-4.0:
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 888, in _find_spec"
  AttributeError: 'DynamicImporter' object has no attribute 'find_spec'
and then various further errors resulting from those; but at
least it's possible to make a Python 3, GTK3, webkit 3.0 browser.
And it even handles fullscreen events (like from youtube), something
I've never managed in QtWebEngine.

        ...Akkana