coding style - where to declare variables

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jul 23 04:36:16 EDT 2018

Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> Marko is asking us to stop using the word "binding" to refer to
> assignment because of the potential confusion with this other meaning.

That's about as reasonable as my request that we stop using the term
“variable” for what is, in Python, an un-typed reference to an object.

I expect both of these requests to meet with little satisfaction.

--
 \     “We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that |
  `\      divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of |