What is the pattern for this number set?

no at none.invalid no at none.invalid
Wed Jul 18 23:00:49 EDT 2018

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 18:43:18 -0400, no at none.invalid wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 17:16:21 -0400, no at none.invalid wrote:
>
>>This is a chart I made using BASIC back in the 90s when I could still
>>do math and programming.
>>I would like to have a new print out of this chart but I no longer can
>>figure out programming or math.
>>Anyone care to figure out the pattern and make a new copy of the
>>chart?
>>
>>https://imgur.com/a/thF6U43
>

>I don't remember how I did it.
>It is from the game Empire.  There is a new version of it on Steam
>called Empire Deluxe Combined Edition.
>I played the game relentlessly from the 90s until I upgraded to Win7.
>The Windows version would not run on Win7.
>The cities have production times in multiples of 3 and then you get a
>10% bonus if you keep building the same type unit.  100 percent is
>never the optimal number but that was a base amount.
>
>If you are bored the game cost about 18 bucks on Steam and I like to
>play multi player.
>

>The cities start at a random efficiency amount.  If you chose not to
>build anything the city efficiency goes up by 1 per turn (until 100;
>after 100 city's efficiency takes more than one turn) so you can
>prolong production to get a faster build unit later.
>
>The chart is what turn is the best city amount after the 10% bonus.
>
>So at a 100 percent the armor takes 12 to build and it drops to 10
>after the first unit is built.  So a city at 85% will yield it's
>second unit at 12 turns.  If you wait until the city is at 87% the
>second unit will be built at 11 turns.  You have to pump production up
>to 96% to get the second unit at 10 turns.
>
>An infantry takes 6 @ 100%
>A destroyer takes 24 @ 100%
>A cruiser takes 36 @ 100%
>A battleship takes 53 @ 100% <  not multiple of 3 ?
>A carrier takes 48 @ 100%
>

>That is about all I can remember.

I think I was wrong about the 10%  The instructions say......

Continue Production Reduction – For every unit produced in a city
there is a timed production cost in turns. With this rule enabled,
after the first unit has been produced, if the type remains the same,
each additional unit of this type will be produced at a different
(traditionally one-sixth lower) rate