can't install/run pip (Latest version of Python)

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jul 16 23:47:11 EDT 2018

On Monday 16 July 2018 23:06:19 S Lea wrote:

> 'pip' not recognized as internal or external command, operable program
> or batch.
>
> And for some reason it's a 32 bit version

Huh? My ancient wet ram memory is probably out to lunch, but ISTR reading
about someone else with the same problem at least a year ago on this
list, unfortunately I have a 90 day expiry setup on this list so
searching is just an exercise. My email corpus is nearly 20 gigabytes
now.

pip has been around since it seems forever, but I would have thought by
now it would have been rebuilt for 64 bit systems.  And that leads to a
question, where did you get it?, and how long ago?  Maybe its an old
version?  Head scratcher for sure.

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 8:03 PM, S Lea <sleadpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for reaching out.
> >
> > 1) Don't know what do you mean by the traceback.

What you see in the terminal screen you ran it in. It should a press the
left mouse button and wipe the mouse from beginning to end so its all
highlighted, then position the curser in an email and press the middle
mouse button, which should copy the highlighted text into the email.

> > 2) In DOS, pip install pandas
> > 3) Yes, in DOS, Win 10
> > 4) 3.7
> > 5) Not getting much info
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 5:44 PM, boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> any

> >> You provide insufficient information for anyone to be able to help
> >> you.
> >>
> >> 1) Copy and paste the entire traceback into a plain text email, no
> >> screen shots please.
> >> 2) Copy and paste exactly what you typed that generated the syntax
> >> error. 3) Did you do all of this in cmd.exe in what version of
> >> Windows?  Or did you use something else?  Hopefully not in the
> >> interactive Python interpreter or IDLE!
> >> 4) What Python version are you using?
> >> 5) Did you try searching for the exact error message and see what
> >> answers might already be out there?
> >>
> >> If you provide these things, or, better, search and find the answer
> >> yourself, I'm sure someone will be happy to assist.
> >>
> >> Good luck!
> >> --
> >> boB
> >> --