Cult-like behaviour [was Re: Kindness]

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:01:00 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-16, Roel Schroeven <roel at roelschroeven.net> wrote:

> There are times (encoding/decoding network protocols and other data
> formats) when I have a byte string and I want/need to process it like
> Python 2 does, and that is the one area where I feel Python 3 make
> things a bit more difficult.

I use Python to work with various network and serial protocols a lot,
and using Python 3 certainly seems like more work.  The fact that
Python 2 and 3 both have a type called 'bytes' but the two types are
completely incompatible makes it especially hard to write portable
code that doesn't look like it's been intentionally obfuscated.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I represent a
                                  at               sardine!!