Cult-like behaviour [was Re: Kindness]

Tim Daneliuk info at tundraware.com
Sat Jul 14 15:19:43 EDT 2018

On 07/14/2018 04:09 AM, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
> I agree with this observation and it feels quite strange to me. I regularly use three languages (C++, Python and Tcl), all three are under active development, and IMHO all of them have flaws, there are is always something which is elegantly solved in one system but needs more work in another.

Dusting off some of my musings written years ago but at least tangentially
related to all this:

   https://www.tundraware.com/TechnicalNotes/How-To-Pick-A-Programming-Language/
   https://www.tundraware.com/TechnicalNotes/Bullet/

I am not particularly enamored of the feeping creaturism that that infested
Python 3, but then again, I'm not required by law to use said feeping creatures...

I wish GvR well.  He's served this community magnificently and deserves far
better than he got, especially lately. := pedantry aside (and I am NOT a fan),
great things come from individual minds, not committees and I think it is
simply inarguable that GvR built a Very Great Thing.  So ... thanks ... and
go enjoy your life, sir, you've more than earned it.