Guido van Rossum resigns as Python leader

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 11:16:29 EDT 2018

> Is it irrational to wonder whether projects should be looking to migrate to
> new languages? This kind of announcement makes me worry for the future.

Umm, yeah. The language is stable, widely used packages are stable.
Guido actually has little involvement in the larger Python ecosystem.
It's not like NumPy, Django, Pandas, Flask, PyPI, Conda, or other
popular packages or subsystems built with/for Python are suddenly
going to crumble because Guido is no longer BDFL.

But, by all means, if rewriting your applications in a different
language floats your boat, go right ahead...

Skip