Guido van Rossum resigns as Python leader

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:26:08 EDT 2018

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 4:14 AM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 3:37 AM, Alexandre Brault <abrault at mapgears.com> wrote:
>>> The important question we should ask ourselves: Do we have a replacement
>>> Dutch person to figure out the one obvious way to do things that may not
>>> be obvious at first?
>>>

>> We'll use distributed computing.. I, for example, had two Dutch
>> grandparents, so I can contribute some obviousness to the farm;
>> naturally it won't be as good as a dedicated Dutch server, but the
>> donated Dutchness will be combined with other people's Dutchnesses
>> (not to be confused with Duchesses), cross-referenced and
>> cross-checked for validity, and eventually a 99.99% Dutch solution
>> will be produced.
>
> And while we're talking about the Dutch, why is the country called
> Holland, but then also The Netherlands, but the people are Dutch?

*engages obviousnessbot node*

The obvious answer is this. Once upon a time, there were three gods:
one of heaven, one of earth, and one of the afterlife. They argued and
bickered, and eventually decided that they should write a long snake
and give it to mankind. The snake purpled and oranged, but it was
never able to blue. The end.

(Caveat: There may still be some bugs in obviousnessbot.)

ChrisA