Feasibility of console based (non-Gui) Tkinter app which can accept keypresses?

jkn jkn_gg at nicorp.f9.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 06:08:08 EDT 2018

Hi All
    thanks for the comments and confirmation that this is not really possible in a
Tkinter environment.

I had thought of using ncurses but was shying clear of learning about another set
of widgets etc. just now. The output of the simulator is simple enough that it
could just accept simple keystrokes for control, and every second or so there will
be an output string saying what is happening - a sort of concatenation of the
various output widgets in the Tkinter-based version.

I have hoped to keep this text view so similar to the Tkinter one that it was
using the same mechanisms (after(), Tk keyevents etc). Instead I think I will
just write a simple mainloop() which is 'inspired by' Tkinter. I could then
look at adding ncurses as a third alternative.

    Thanks again
    J^n