Generate a static back-of-a-book style index?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Jul 8 07:47:50 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-08 13:34, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 07Jul2018 21:57, Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> >On 2018-07-08 12:12, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>
> It's associated with the troff stuff generally. Maybe that's not
> installed?

On my OpenBSD (6.3) boxes, there's no nroff/troff/groff nor any
ptx/gptx.

On my FreeBSD (11.2) boxes, I have nroff/troff/groff available but no
ptx/gptx available in base.  One of the machines has coreutils
installed which provides /usr/local/bin/gptx (and its man-pages).

So I can find it and read about it.  Just curious that it's fallen
out of base on both Free & OpenBSD (don't have a NetBSD machine at
hand to test that).

-tkc