Generate a static back-of-a-book style index?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Jul 7 22:57:07 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-08 12:12, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 07Jul2018 20:11, Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Have you looked at the ptx command? Might be called "gptx"
> >
> >Thanks, Cameron. I was unaware of it. Will check it out.
>
> BTW, it well predates the GNU coreutils; I used it on V7 UNIX.

Interesting.  Despite your V7-provenance claim, it doesn't seem to
have persisted into either the FreeBSD boxes or the OpenBSD boxes I
have at hand.  Bringing in anything that involves GNU coreutils adds
it to the machine in question, but just kinda odd that those with a
tighter tie to "real" Unix would have dropped it.

Off to go read `man gptx` now...

-tkc