about main()

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Jul 6 21:54:10 EDT 2018

On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 18:27:16 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2018-07-06, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>
>> In that case, I hate to say it, but your education is sorely lacking in
>> the fundamentals. Smelting for instance was discussed at length in the
>> high school physics books I was reading by the time I was in the 3rd
>> grade. Don't they teach anything in school anymore? Tanning leather for
>> instance involves a long soaking in strong tea, and doesn't name the
>> brand or genus of the tea, the important part was the tannic acid
>> content.
>
> IIRC, oack leaves/chips work well also.

But the *best* quality tanned leather was historically made from dog
faeces, known as "pure" by the tanners of the time:

Members only:
https://www.vettimes.co.uk/article/a-dirty-job-but-not-to-be-sniffed-at/

But this might work for you:
https://www.vettimes.co.uk/app/uploads/wp-post-to-pdf-enhanced-cache/1/a-dirty-job-but-not-to-be-sniffed-at.pdf