PEP 526 - var annotations and the spirit of python

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:03:10 EDT 2018

On 05/07/18 11:26, Bart wrote:

> And at numerous other languages that are properly statically typed (Ada
> being one of the most rigorous, while C++ is a nightmare).

I had to chuckle at that as friends of mine have had great fun rewriting
Ada in C++ as it was just too damn slow.  This was after they'd
converted the code from CORAL 66 as Ada was the new kid on the block in
the defence industry world.

Then there was Ada and poor old ariane, didn't help too much there did
it?  Still I'm fairly certain that the insurers wouldn't have batted an
eyelid at the mere $356,000,000 payout.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence