PEP 526 - var annotations and the spirit of python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 4 01:03:00 EDT 2018

Jim Lee <jlee54 at gmail.com> writes:

> I claimed that Steven was using three different numbers to refer to
> the time it takes to master a subject:
>
> 10,000 hours
> an indefinite number
> 2 years

Yes. He did so in the context of showing that *there is no precise
number* that universally applies for the amount of effort required.

Add as many numbers as you like, provided they're all in the same broad
range. That is the point, and showing there are multiple numbers in play
is *supporting* Steven's point.

I still don't know what point you had, but I'm not really interested any
more.

--
 \        “This sentence contradicts itself — no actually it doesn't.” |
  `\                                               —Douglas Hofstadter |