PEP 526 - var annotations and the spirit of python

Jim Lee jlee54 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:14:37 EDT 2018

On 07/03/18 01:34, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I said *indefinite* not infinite.

Yes, you did.  My bad.

> You did read the article I linked to, right? You know that people don't
> suddenly and instantly turn from "beginner" to "expert" when they exceed
> 9,999 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds? Quibbling over the exact number of
> hours is foolish.

Of course I know that.  I've been familiar with the concept for a long
time.  I've taught several guitarists and have seen it first hand.  I've
also trained several programmers.

Quibbling over the exact number of hours *is* foolish - but nobody was
doing that.  I was simply pointing out that you used three vastly
different numbers in almost the same breath to describe how long it
takes a person to master something.

I think we both get the idea - let's back out of this rabbit trail
before we get lost, ok? :)

-Jim