File names with slashes [was Re: error in os.chdir]

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:42:09 EDT 2018

[Chris A]

> [Mikhail]
> > So Imo default syntax should be something like:
> >
> >     S = "A:{x41}B:{x42}"
> >
> > instead of backslashes and Co.
>
> So how do you represent brace characters in a string?

\{ and \}

just kidding :-D
I would be ok with {L} and {R} - easy on eye and easy to remember.
Why don't ask how would I represent double-quote character?
It's more important, but I would not use double quote as string delimiter,
I'd use {} as delimiter:

  s=  {"s"}

is much better.

> > 2. raw strings, including multiline raw strings which should be PEP-8 compliant.
>
> ???

Raw strings - as I suggested here like 3 weeks ago or so?

S = `op`
    multi-line raw string block
    parsed by indentation