Import statements and multiprocessing

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:45:02 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Nicholas Cole <nicholas.cole at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Steven D'Aprano
>> On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:54:30 +0000, Nicholas Cole wrote:
>
>> I would say you're probably misinterpreting the nature of the problem.
>> Import * isn't a directive that can be ignored.
>>
>> Can you show us a *simplified* demonstration? A minimal sample program
>> which we can run that demonstrates the issue?
>
> [snip]

Ah! Looking at our code, I was wrong.  The from .this_package import *

directive is not importing a single file but a subpackage __init__ file.

That __init__ file does not have its own __all__ statement, but seems
to just be relying on importing from different files in the
subpackage.

Could that be the problem?  Even so, I'm unsure why it is showing up
only when used in multiprocessing and works fine everywhere else.

N.